Monday, June 29, 2015

Power, pour (soon), and preliminary landscaping

This week was met with not much progress.  The topographic survey was submitted and accepted.  I'm told we'll get a basement pour in on Tuesday pending inspection so that's good.  We're in a holding pattern on the house until the basement can be poured.  Soon.....

One thing new is that the landscapers at Great Oaks Landscaping have marked trees for removal with white tape, and the scope of their work area with blue and pink tape.  I spoke to the HOA board member in charge of approving landscaping plans and he requested that I submit preliminary plans before July 7th so he can have some time to tour the property.   I requested these plans from my planner  at Great Oaks, Geoff Fornari and it looks like they're on the ball to deliver.  HOA rules state that any tree that's greater than 6" in diameter, 4' from the ground needs approval for removal.  There are a few big trees that we'll be taking out to make room for retaining walls, paths, and pool.

 Many of the perimeter trees will be removed to create a cleaner boarder and driveway.  It's a shame when the larger trees have to go.  I'm not sure what the policy is about keeping the wood.  I really need to find someone to cut the trees into chop-able logs.

 They marked the trees for removal with red and white ribbon and metal tags.  Very professional approach.


 The edge of the work is marked by pink and blue ribbons.  I think this is mostly used to mark the wetlands areas where we'll need a silt fence.  Some of the trees marked for removal are already dead.

Unfortunately, some of the trees that will be removed are nice oaks.  I think there are two or three that we'll be removing.  I really hope I get to keep the wood.

 DTE delivered on the meter.  I though they were going to put one on the main box and one on the EV panel, but they only installed on the main.  There are two sockets hooked up to the main for construction purposes, so I guess that's okay for now.  This will save some costs since we won't need to run a generator anymore.

Saw this group of bucks walking around the property.  Maybe I'll get some antler shedding.  I don't mind them now but I'll have to find a way to keep them away from our landscaping plants.

Next step is the basement pour and some curing time.  When the surface is hard enough, they'll set up temporary shoring for the first floor and start to mark out the pass throughs for HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.  I'll have to make sure to be there since there are some specialty pass throughs I'll want for networking, security, and sound.  Soon after that, we'll be able to get the first floor pour in.  When that hardens enough, they can start to assemble the first floor walls.  There will be a minimal cure time on the first floor since they want it hard enough to carry the weight of the second floor.  I think there's enough work to keep the builder occupied until the second floor can be poured.

No comments:

Post a Comment