Monday, May 18, 2015

Basement Plumbing

Some movement in the basement.  Looks like fill sand in the basement was scraped down and leveled a bit and the plumbers got a chance to lay out the basement plumbing for future expansion and main stacks to the upper floors.
 The picture above shows the mechanical room in the background and a planned bathroom in the foreground.  You can see the little pressure gauge they use to ensure the system is sealed.  I didn't see an inspectors tag, so I guess that's coming the next week.
 Here's the pipe that leads off to the future theater and fish tank room.  I think the pipe stand on the right is for a floor drain.
 This is where it goes under the foundation to the outside.  There it will connect to a sump that contains a grinder pump.  The pump will masticate the material and push it up a 1" pipe to the sewer at the street since we're at a lower elevation.

Here's where it goes under the foundation.  I'm not sure what's at the end of the chain and yellow loop.  I guessing there will be a clean-out here.

 The pipe on the left is for the fish tank room sink.  The pipe on the right is for the theater room sink, and I'm guessing the middle pipe in the background is for the stack going up to the kitchen and second floor.
 Future bathroom rough ins.  Left to right, floor drain, furnace drain in the mechanical room.  Shower, toilet, and sink in the bathroom.
 Here's how the sump pit connects to the form-a-drain.  There were some areas of the form-a-drain that were damaged when they laid the fill sand.  I was told that it will be repaired with a silt membrane before they place the pea stone.  I would have rather had them dig it out and replace it, but  I think it's tied together in the footing.
 Just another shot of the fish room, theater, and stack.
Pretty sure this is a floor drain since there's a P-trap. One thing I didn't see is a back flow prevention device.  I'll have to ask about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment