Friday, September 6, 2024

Paver Patio: Part 2 Completed.

   Day two saw the completion of the paver patio.  I guess in real time, it was more like day four, but things have been moving so quickly, I haven't been able to keep up with the blog posts.  Still, four days to complete a whole paver patio is super fast and I'm really impressed with the quality of the installation.


    Here's a look at the entire pool area, which is in the end of the back yard.  I think a significant amount of soil will need to be brought in to level the yard to the new height of the pool patio and I'm not sure if it will be completed by Tango Pools, or if I'll need to find a way myself.  Fall is a great time to plant seeds since the cooler days make water requirements less important, so hopefully I'll get enough time to get everything amended and fixed up before snow starts to fall.  
 

   Polymeric sand has been swept into all the paver cracks and watered to lock them into place.  The larger gaps of the soldier course of stone are just filled with mortar, as is the edging where it meets the grass.  I've installed paver stones before on smaller projects and used a plastic edge with long nails to contain the edges.  Eventually it shifts and fails so hopefully this method will last longer.  Some of the sand will be raked away so I can get good soil up to the edge for grass, but I'm not sure how close to the patio the grass will be able to grow because of this mortar border.

   Here's a shot of the patio and sunshelf from the deep end of the pool.  I think the sunshelf will be a really great feature for just sitting on the edge and relaxing with your feet in the water.  We're going to try to get one if the extra wall boulders in the center planting bed as a nice landscaping feature, but I'm not sure if any of the rocks are small enough to fit, and still have room for a japanese maple.

    Here's a shot of the pool from the main part of the patio.  This area was supposed to be sunken for a fire pit sitting area, but later decided against it.  It will still make a really nice sitting area for lounging chairs.

   That's if for now.  Tomorrow, the slab will be constructed and trenches will be dug for all the water supply/returns and utilities.  Inspection for the electrical conduit is scheduled for next week Tuesday so everything should be wrapping up within the next week.  Hopefully we'll still have some warm days to enjoy the water.  I'll have to figure out who to go to for a winter pool cover and winterization.



No comments:

Post a Comment